The Psychology of Anxiety & How to Manage It
Anxiety is a normal and healthy emotion - after all, it’s what keeps us alert in emergency situations!
But sometimes our brain can get confused about what an emergency situation is. Ever find yourself turning a problem over and over in your mind without finding a new solution? Feeling exhausted after a long day of firefighting at the office but can’t fall asleep? Then today’s episode of BrainyHeart all about anxiety is perfect for you.
Tune in now to discover:
- The role of the amygdala and cortisol in emergency situations
- Why you’re exhausted but can’t fall asleep when you feel everyone wants a piece of you
- What road rage and overthinking have in common
- How to use a growth mindset to counteract anxiety
- Why it’s important to find the right meditation style for you
- The 3 things that stop the running apps in the background
There’s a special guest on the next episode on September 5th: Iris Schierhuber, Director Talent Acquisition & People Development at Semperit.