The connection between COVID & post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Our brain values safety and certainty.
Two things that COVID majorly impacted. The pandemic so has also gravely impacted our brains, resulting in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). That’s why in this BrainyHeart episode, I’m looking into how COVID has caused PTSD and what you can do to counteract the effects.
Tune in now to discover:
- How COVID has caused us to develop PTSD
- Why human instinct is to hold on to what we have
- The symptoms of PTSD and what to do to counteract it
- The importance of understanding your traumas
- Using physical and mental exercises
- How uncertainty triggers brain chatter
- The opportunities COVID brought
- The danger of our focus on safety
Want to know more about PTSD? Click here to download the free BrainyHeart mini-guide on what PTSD does to a person.
To discover if you’re more left- or right-brained and how to leverage your strengths, don’t forget to download the “Boost your Brain” workbook! Sign up to the BrainyHeart newsletter now to receive it (and to get the latest episode & exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox):
Boost your brain
Want to discover if you’re more left- or right-brained and how to leverage your strengths? Then sign up to our newsletter for your free copy of the “Boost your Brain” workbook!